Wrisk is a leading UK start-up reinventing insurance for today’s digital consumer and helping an outdated industry become relevant again in the process. In the same way that fintech companies have disrupted the traditional banking sector, reimagining financial platforms for a new generation, Wrisk’s founders share a vision for how insurance ought to be: simple, transparent and personal. Bringing together two disparate industries (technology and insurance), they have created an insurance experience like no other, centred squarely around the customer.
The result is Wrisk: flexible insurance that adapts to fit your life. Our mobile-first, frictionless platform lets people interact with their insurance provider with the same ease, speed and transparency they’re already used to having with providers in other sectors. Customers can pay monthly, instantly make changes to their cover and bring all their disclosure, payment and claims information together in a single place.
Now with some big brand partners, we are bringing our unique customer experience and platform to market to change how insurance is bought, sold and managed.
Insurance at its heart, is a data product. We are looking for a passionate business intelligence (BI) engineer to join us to help extract value and insight from the data that we collect. As a senior hire, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the financial data of a leading UK insurtech. With a high level of autonomy and responsibility, you will help to inform our business strategy, determine our pricing, provide data to our partners, help improve our rapidly evolving product, and scale and automate operations.
You will be working alongside a small but highly skilled cross-functional team of software engineers, designers, insurance experts and finance professionals. We build our own core technology in-house and you will liaise closely with our technology team to improve the way that data is collected and processed. The Senior BI will be instrumental in developing, owning and evolving our data and reporting architectures, making sure they are fit for purpose as we scale.
As a small start up, you will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with the chance to be involved in many different aspects of the business as we challenge the status quo in insurance.
You will work remotely from home as a core part of our engineering team.
● Develop, implement and maintain data processing systems, databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other elements of our data strategy
● Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
● Develop and support ongoing reporting and MI.
● Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
● Work with colleagues and partners to prioritise business and information needs.
● Identify, define and communicate new product and process improvement opportunities.
● Significant experience designing and implementing automated data processing systems, ideally using Extract, Load and Transform (ELT) strategies.
● Experience working in the AWS ecosystem, using AWS data services (such as Redshift, RDS, Lambda, EC2 etc).
● Experience designing data models for analytical querying, with familiarity with star schemas and other data warehousing techniques.
● Strong knowledge of and experience with data processing languages and approaches (e.g. TypeScript, Python, SQL, Spark, DBT)
● Experience with setting up and maintaining reporting packages (e.g. Tableau, Looker).
● Exposure to event based data collection tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Segment.io).
● Highly numerate with strong technical skills and a hunger to learn even more.
● Enthused by working in a fast-moving start-up environment.
● Great communication skills, with the passion to dig in, analyse data, find opportunities and convince others to take action based on findings.
● Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.
We would like from you:
If you want to be part of the team but you don’t quite fit the bill, get in touch anyway. Wrisk is an actively inclusive organisation, and passion beats skills every time.
To apply or ask any questions, just email us at email@example.com.