Wrisk is reinventing insurance for todays digital consumer based on a vision that insurance ought to be simple, transparent and personal. The insurance platform developed by Wrisk combines the best customer experience, modern technology, insurance know-how and a unique distribution strategy for the automotive sector. Having already created differentiated insurance experiences in the UK for brands like BMW, MINI, RAC and heycar, Wrisk is now looking to expand platform capability to target other markets, initiatives and territories.
Are you a talented Software Developer with a backend focus looking to help evolve our insurance platform, as we scale out to new products, partners and regions? In this role, you will be working as a core part of a small, but highly skilled cross-functional team of software engineers, designers, insurance experts and finance professionals. You will have direct input on the platform architecture and strategy, taking ownership for what you build. As a small start up, you will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with the chance to be involved in many different aspects of the business domain and technical stack.
- Lead the development of the core platform services and REST interfaces in Kotlin.
- Evolve and maintain operational data sources (PostgreSQL).
- Integrating data services from 3-d parties.
- Lead the development of AWS Lambdas in TypeScript.
- Evolve and automate provisioning of the AWS infrastructure.
- Tech stack: Kotlin, Dropwizard/Jersey/JDBI, PostgreSQL, AWS Lambda, AWS ECS, AWS SNS/SQS, Terraform, TypeScript, React.js.
- Degree in Computer Science or another quantitative field.
- 6+ years experience in backend development (Kotlin, Java or similar).
- Strong SQL skills and experience working with Postgres.
- Comfortable with microservices-based architecture, as well as monoliths and message-oriented.
- Passionate about Agile best practices (testing, CI, iterative development, evolving architecture, clean code, etc.).
- DevOps experience with cloud-based infrastructure using tools such as Terraform.
- Experience of being able to define, shape, and drive technical projects to completion.
- A great communicator able to articulate technical issues in plain language that can be understood by non-technical stakeholders. English is a must have.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on your qualifications and experience.
- Salary range €60.000 – €75.000 gross per year on a full time basis (38.5 hours per week).
- Opportunity to work for a young international company with offices in London and Vienna.
- Flexible working hours with a possibility of working from home (up to 60% of the time).
- The latest tech equipment to get your work done, including the latest MacBook Pro.
- Regular team events in our London head office.