Who we are
Wrisk is reinventing insurance for today’s digital consumer and our founders share a vision for how insurance ought to be: simple, transparent and personal. Bringing together technology and insurance, Wrisk have created an experience like no other, centred squarely around the customer.
Having partnered with some big brands, we are bringing our unique customer experience and technology platform to the market to change how insurance is bought, sold and managed.
Are you a talented engineer with an Insurtech background looking to help evolve our insurance platform, as we scale out to new products, partners and regions?
In this role, you will be working as a core part of a small, but highly skilled cross-functional team of software engineers, designers, insurance experts and finance professionals. You will have direct input on the platform architecture and strategy, taking ownership for what you build.
As a small start up, you will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with the chance to be involved in many different aspects of the business domain and technical stack.
- Support the product owners in designing and architecting technical solutions for insurance.
- Lead the development of the core platform services in Kotlin and Dropwizard over a Postgres database.
- Lead the development of AWS lambdas in TypeScript and Node.js.
- Evolve the AWS infrastructure and automate provisioning of new services using terraform.
- Help to integrate front end applications with the backend API’s using TypeScript and React.js.
- Write technical documentation.
- Proven track record in delivering projects within the Insurance (broker/MGA) domain.
- Experience of being able to define, shape, and drive technical projects to completion while effectively collaborating with others.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure using tools such as Terraform or similar.
- Enthused by working in a fast-moving Insurtech environment.
- Passionate about writing smart, simple, and clean code.
- A great communicator able to articulate technical issues in plain language that can be understood by non-technical stakeholders.
- A vocal advocate of agile and lean methods.
- Expert knowledge of Kotlin, Java or similar. (~ 10 years)
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics, physics or related discipline.
- Proven experience as a full stack engineer.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills with the ability to convey technical jargon in a simple & easy to understand language.
Want to know more?
We would like from you:
- A link to learn more about you (LinkedIn, CV, etc.)
- Three things you would change about this job posting (typos, new requirements... really anything!)