Wrisk is a leading UK start-up reinventing insurance for today’s digital consumer and helping an outdated industry become relevant again in the process. In the same way that fintech companies have disrupted the traditional banking sector, reimagining financial platforms for a new generation, Wrisk’s founders share a vision for how insurance ought to be: simple, transparent and personal. Bringing together two disparate industries (technology and insurance), they have created an insurance experience like no other, centred squarely around the customer.
The result is Wrisk: flexible insurance that adapts to fit your life. Our mobile-first, frictionless platform lets people interact with their insurance provider with the same ease, speed and transparency they’re already used to having with providers in other sectors. Customers can pay monthly, instantly make changes to their cover and bring all their disclosure, payment and claims information together in a single place.
Now with some big brand partners, we are bringing our unique customer experience and platform to market to change how insurance is bought, sold and managed.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Front-End Engineer to work with our design, UX, engineering and insurance product teams to evolve our existing white-labelled customer web application as we scale out to multiple partner brands. You will have direct input on the front-end architecture and strategy, taking ownership of our in-house UI component library and collaborating closely with our Full Stack and Backend engineers to help develop our APIs, with a focus on security, performance and maintainability.
You will work remotely from home as a core part of our engineering team.
● Excited about creative problem-solving as part of a cross-functional team.
● Passionate about writing smart, simple, and clean code (but with an understanding that real artists ship).
● Tirelessly striving for the best end-user experience and driven to make interactive technology better for real people.
● Driven to keep learning the latest developments in the field of software engineering and product delivery.
● A great communicator able to articulate technical issues in plain language that can be understood by non-technical stakeholders.
● A vocal advocate of agile and lean methods.
● Part of the connected generation (you might even agree that insurance is an industry in need of disruption!).
● Several years experience building highly-scalable and well-performing web applications.
● Extensive knowledge of TypeScript and React.
● Frontend state management using React hooks and contexts.
● Familiarity with component-based design systems and CSS-in-JS.
● Experienced working with REST APIs.
● A good understanding of identity and session management.
● Git (or experience with a similar distributed source control system).
● Strong problem solving skills for debugging issues throughout the entire stack.
● Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering or related discipline.
● At least five years of experience in commercial software engineering.
● An understanding of Progressive Web Apps.
● Experience with AWS, in particular for web-hosting.
● Infrastructure as code, using tools such as Terraform or similar.
● Familiarity with styled system and styled components.
● Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (we use CircleCI).
● Familiarity with server-side technologies including, Kotlin, Gradle, and Dropwizard.
● Experience with relational databases such as Postgres.
● Project Management tools (we use Jira).
We would like from you:
If you want to be part of the team but you don’t quite fit the bill, get in touch anyway. Wrisk is an actively inclusive organisation, and passion beats skills every time.
To apply or ask any questions, just email us at email@example.com.