Terms of Cancellation
Cancelling your Wrisk policy is free, and as painless as we can make it. Before you press the red button though, we need to make sure you’re fully aware of what cancelling involves:
We will stop your cover at 11.59pm (23:59) on the day we receive your cancellation request. From that moment, you will no longer be protected by our policy.
We provide cover on a rolling weekly basis, from Monday 12.00am (00:00) to Sunday 11.59pm (23:59). If you cancel mid-week, we will refund you the cost of cover for the rest of that week, on a pro-rata basis.
The exception is if you are still waiting to resolve a claim you made while covered, in which case you will not be refunded for the cost of unused cover.
You can still make a claim for any insured events that happened before you cancelled your policy, whether you receive a refund for your unused days or not.
We reserve the right to cancel your policy with seven days’ notice. This is highly unlikely, but may happen if:
- Your details change in such a way that we are unable to accurately assess the level of risk presented
- We find out that you have given us inaccurate information to get cover
- We believe you intend to carry out - or have carried out - fraudulent activities
- You are named on various Financial Sanctions lists
- We find out you have otherwise acted inappropriately in your relationship with us, including being aggressive or violent towards any member of our team
If we cancel your policy for one of the reasons mentioned above, you may not be entitled to a refund. However, we will whenever possible do our best to resolve the matter with you before it reaches that stage.